Blessings In Christ
The apostle Paul wrote to the church at Ephesus and said, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3, emp LS). We continue our study concerning the "spiritual blessings...in Christ" that we can have.
5. Alive to God. “Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 6:11). "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (I Corinthians 15:22). One outside of Christ is dead in sin. Those “in Christ” are made "alive unto God" in Jesus Christ. Are you dead or alive?
6. No Condemnation. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1). There is no condemnation for who? 1) For those "in Christ Jesus". 2) Those who "walk not after the flesh". Those that walk after the flesh are those that commit the sins listed in (Galatians 5:19-21). 3) Those that walk "after the Spirit", have the fruit of the Spirit listed in (Galatians 5:22-23). Are you condemned?
7. Promise of Life Eternal. "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus" (II Timothy 1:1). This promise is from God, "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" (Titus 1:2). The life that is promised is eternal life, "And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life" (I John 2:25). The promise of eternal life is ONLY in Christ, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). Do you have the hope of eternal life?
8. Salvation. "Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory" (II Timothy 2:10). Salvation "is in Christ Jesus". If one is outside of Christ, that is, not "in Christ", he is lost in sin. Are you really saved?
9. Forgiveness. "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for ("in" NASB) Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32). Forgiveness of sins is "in Christ". My friend, if you’re not "in Christ", your sins have not been forgiven. Are you forgiven?
10. Sons of God. "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:26). What if one does not have "faith in Christ Jesus"? He is not a child of God. Those that are "in Christ" are "children of God". Are you a child of God?
We have looked briefly at some of the "spiritual blessings...in Christ". Would you like to have all those "spiritual blessings"? Where must one be to have each of those blessings? IN CHRIST! Question: How does one get "in Christ"? More next time, Lord willing.